Saturday, July 27, 2013

Grapevine challenge weaving project 2013

Ruthe took part in the Grapevine Challenge project earlier this year 2013. It was an wonderful project that resulted in 2 beautiful works of art. She was thrilled.
The Project: Ruthe was given a photograph to use as inspriration for a piece of weaving. When her piece was finished, she passed her work on to another weaver, who created another project based on mom's work. I'll post the final work shortly.

Ruthe took these pictures of the weaving process as it went and posted these pictures.

Ruthe wrote, "When I first saw the picture (below), I was "floored" ! There was so much in it, too much. So I put it away while I thought about it. The only thing I saw in my mind was 'windows', lots of windows, of every colour, and that decided my pattern (Summer & Winter), and I stuck to it."

The Finished Works
(Ruthe's towel on the left, stay tuned for other credits)

 

Ruthe's finished piece (Summer & Winter pattern)



The Original Photo



Checking Threading



PCW Threading




PCW Threading Whole design.


Slaying



Threading

 

Warping

 

No comments:

Post a Comment