Saturday, July 27, 2013

Ruthe Stowe's weaving

Here a few samples of Ruthe Stowe's weaving. 

Ruthe Stowe is my mother. I took a few snapshots around the house and this is what I came up with. An impressive array of handwoven pieces being used. Ruthe loved things to be used! I have many more items and will post more pictures of Ruthe's weaving here.

Some of my favorite table pieces. Ruthe wove these around 1980s-90s.


 


A beautiful grey silk scarf. 


A bookmark



An few of Ruthe's kitchen towels, being well used.




Another great table covering. This one is long, 4 ft. and is currently covering a long teak coffee table.


 A cozy all wool shawl/blanket



Another table covering, slightly "rag" style, covering up the scanner.



A large shawl/blanket. This was made in the 90s.







No comments:

Post a Comment